Thursday, May 22, 2008

Panicky Attacky!

I just learned that in Tennessee it is illegal to post pictures of foster children online. I cannot seem to find out if there is a similar law in Colorado. HELP!

In an effort to calm thyself down, I accept this meme from a friendly blogger.


1)What were you doing five years ago? Taking care of an eight month old (hey, that's exactly what I'm doing now, too, what a long strange trip it's been!) I was "still breastfeeding" and pumping all day, and working part-time outside the home from five to nine p.m. in a support staff position at a group home in Rainbow Village in Creve Coeur, MO helping make dinner, pass meds, and take ladies out for recreation. I was also looking forward to quitting my job as soon as we paid some debt down, and would be able to do so in a few months when my husband finally got a much-needed promotion.

2)What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)? 1. Homeschooling (done) 2. Housecleaning (done) 3. Shower (done) 4. Purchase a new black stove with ceramic cooktop and range hood on sale at Lowe's (as soon as Smooshie wakes up) 5. Bathe Baby Grrl and put her hair into two pigtails as her Case Manager is coming to visit tomorrow and I want her to see how cute she looks in her new do!

3)What are five snacks you enjoy? 1. Popcorn, especially burnt 2. Wasa crispbread with neufchatel 3. Lettuce with sour cream, olives, and Mexican cheese blend (not quite taco salad but close) 4. Edy's fruit bars (especially lime) 5. String cheese

4)What five things you would you do if you were a billionaire? 1. Hire an investment broker 2. Hire a housekeeper 3. Hire a governess 4. Hire a personal trainer 5. Hire a gourmet chef who would concoct healthy vegetarian meals that even my hubby would eat

5)What are five of your bad habits? 1. I swear like a sailor-- having kids around has helped some but not early enough when I am angry or stub my toe as was evident when my firstborn started calling other drivers ass wipes 2. I think negative thoughts about myself and sometimes others, too, but mostly myself and most of the time 3. I am obsessive and compulsive about many things 4. I often tell people what I really think of them or their ideas or behavior 5. I fluff laundry over and over again, and sometimes ignore the buzzer because I don't feel like dropping what I'm doing.

6)What are five places where you have lived? 1. Kansas City, Missouri 2. Columbia, Missouri 3. Saint Charles, Missouri 4. Saint Louis, Missouri 5. Ogden, Utah (I hope to live in many other places including Maryland/Virginia, Arizona, and Hawaii plus Japan or Germany...I am pretty much up for anywhere that DH's career can take us!)

7)What are five jobs you've had? 1. Sonic Carhop 2. Thriftstore Coordinator 3. Telemarketer (a.k.a. Antichrist) 4. Barista 5. Residential Coordinator for adults with developmental disabilities living in residential apartments and group homes

No comments: