Friday, September 12, 2008

Six years ago...

I became Liam's Momma. I truly believe I became a mother the minute I knew I was pregnant with him, but today was the day I officially started my position FULL TIME.

Liam came into this world via Cesarean surgery after a failed thirty-two hour induction at term for pre-eclampsia (and a subsequent twelve-hour labor two days later after SROM at home on September 11). He was delivered at 5:39 a.m. and weighed in at an astonishing ELEVEN POUNDS, FOUR OUNCES. He was 22.5 inches long.

After carrying him to term, and on bedrest the last 3 months of pregnancy...


His Dadda got to hold him first...


His Nana was photographed holding him before me...


And his Aunt Jen looked better than me!


I finally got my photo op, and hammed it up as usual.


Liam had many visitors at the hospital (including nurses and other hospital staff who just wanted to see the giant baby). His FAMILY visitors, who came to St. Louis from Kansas City, included his GREAT-GRANDFATHER Barquist:



His GREAT-GRANDMOTHER Barquist:


And his Grandpa Farris, all-ways a CHIEFS fan:



Liam was unwrapped like the gift he is by each of us.


And he has been holding on tight to us ever since!

No comments: